The Sr. Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a full-time exempt field based position reporting to the Manager, US Medical Science Liaison’s and is a key position within US Scientific Affairs. The primary role of the Sr. MSL is to serve as the scientific interface between the client and the healthcare professional communities with respect to communicating scientific information about the client’s products, scientific data and clinical development plans.
The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships within the medical/scientific community and providing medical and/or scientific data about the client’s products and research to healthcare professionals. Clinical, scientific and technical expertise will be maintained through review of scientific literature, attendance at assigned medical meetings and self-learning.
The Sr. MSL will work closely with cross-functional partners including Global Medical Affairs, R&D, Clinical Operations and USBU.
• Provide field-based medical information, scientific data and education to HCPs on the client’s FDA approved and pipeline products
• Develop and maintain successful relationships with thought leaders, clinical investigators, and other providers in the scientific community
• Support the Clinical Operations organization, as needed, in the client’s sponsored research
• Serve as the primary liaison with investigators interested in discussing and developing investigator-initiated research of Fields, inovitroTM or the client’s investigational products
• Ensure compliance in all scientific communications and education in disease states of interest to
• Attend and provide scientific support of US Scientific Affairs activities and scientific sessions at regional and national congress meetings.
• Provide the client with Competitive Intelligence (CI) and disease treatment trends
• Serve as an internal scientific resource for training and educational support
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Requirements:
• Must have excellent verbal skills, strong presentation skills, writing skills
• Possess a proven ability to effectively communicate complex information
• Must demonstrate fluency in articulating scientific concepts and data
• Must have good judgment, ability to adapt and change in a shifting environment
• A strategic, passionate, self-starter who takes initiative
• Must work well in large and small teams, ability to work remotely
• Ability to travel 60 % time
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Advanced degree with scientific/clinical background preferred with at least 3 years’ experience as an MSL, or comparable role
• At least 5 years of combined oncology or industry experience
About the client
The client is a private commercial-stage oncology company dedicated to the advancement of tumor treating fields TTF therapy for patients with solid tumors. TTF therapy is an innovative antimitotic treatment that attempts to slow or reverse tumor progression by inducing tumor cell death.
The client’s company pioneered the concept that the electric properties of cells can be used as an effective target for an anti-neoplastic therapy. The client has grown to become a global organization with employees in six countries. We have been fortunate throughout our expansion to attract a world class team with a shared passion to provide cancer patients with a new treatment option.
The client’s US operations are based in Portsmouth, NH. The Global Commercialization Team is located in New York City and the company maintains a research facility in Haifa, Israel.