The Field Medical organization embodies our medical mission in becoming a trusted, agile partner who engages in relevant dialogue and delivers timely, high impact data and insights that advance the science or accelerate access, optimize medical practice, and drive appropriate adoption of client medicines.
The Regional Associate Director (RAD), Dermatology role is field-based and focused on managing a team of Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) trained in the area of Dermatology. The RAD will be responsible for oversight of MSLs in support of sTYK2i in Psoriasis and all phases of sTYK2i Dermatology clinical trials. The RAD oversees their regional team to ensure disease and product related medical needs in the region are being identified. Oversight of the MSLs’ primary responsibilities which includes establishing frequent and timely interactions with Thought Leaders (TLs) and other Health Care Providers (HCPs) aligned with medical strategies to discuss safe and appropriate use of approved products. RADs are responsible for ensuring the MSLs respond to unsolicited questions on current medical and scientific issues, healthcare advances, treatment trends, and health outcomes measures appropriately and as per company guidance.
The Field Medical RAD, Dermatology responsibilities are as follows:
Leading and Managing Field Medical (FM) Team
- Active member of the Field Medical leadership/ management team, within and across therapeutic areas (TA).
- Identifies talent, conducts robust interview process for selecting highly qualified Field Medical (FM) and other Medical personnel, and fills vacancies expeditiously.
- Defines and effectively implements key talent retention strategies.
- Ensures new staff attend new hire on-boarding and complete required therapeutic and administrative training programs within established timelines.
- Translates FM objectives into individual performance goals for direct reports and helps define performance goals.
- Develops an annual development plan with each direct report; tracks progress toward and supports the execution of the plan through identification of opportunities.
- Develops appropriate succession plan.
- Drives and tracks performance of FM team members and ensures objectives are met by regional FM team.
- Effectively provides consistent coaching, mentoring, and frequent feedback to direct reports, and others, as appropriate; documents behavioral observations and performance as directed and/or as needed.
- Conducts all company directed performance assessments with reports and actively participates in talent conversations.
- Promotes a culture of innovation, constructive challenge, team spirit and accountability within the region that is patient-centric.
- Creates and encourages an environment that stresses open, candid and timely feedback relative to performance and behaviors.
- Provides training and direction to FM team members on developing appropriate peer-to-peer scientific engagement.
- Identifies and communicates skills/knowledge gaps among FM personnel (and at national level) to the FM Lead and FM Trainer; and outlines plan to address with skill-building approaches.
- It is anticipated that a RAD will spend the majority of their time in the field with their team and external customers. Additional requirements based on Region assignment and team needs.
- Continuously updates and monitors team knowledge of Disease Area (DA), patient treatment trends, product data and scientific activities.
- Ensures participation of team in planned therapeutic training activities.
- Ensures FM engages in timely exchanges with external customers and internal partners in accordance with compliance policies and procedures to communicate medical information for all products in an accurate, balanced, fair and objective manner.
- Travel required, including frequent travel to PPK home office
- Coordinates regional scientific support consistent with FM Plans in alignment with high priority regional business needs.
- Provides strategic input and insights as part of compliant collaboration across the matrix in support of account management.
- Promotes effective working relationships with internal partners including cross-matrix field leadership. Establishes effective cross-functional work practices [in co-marketed product arrangements].
- Ensures appropriate regional management of speaker lists and speaker program support (if applicable).
- Contributes FM expertise to regional accounts aligned to Brand and Medical strategy.
- Maintains strong knowledge of regional and national External Experts to provide input into planning, matrix initiatives, and requests for TL information.
- Ensures FM team captures and communicates relevant medical insights; provides insight updates across the matrix as appropriate; contributes to development/implementation of action plans resulting from key insights.
- Supports FM team in developing strong networks with External Experts.
- Reviews/Approves the MSLs’ MyList.
- Uses active listening to understand customer needs and promote focused communication while ensuring appropriate two-way engagement with customers.
- Participates as an active member of the Medical matrix team.
- Communicates information to regional team and ensures execution of Medical Strategies, Objectives and FM Plans within boundaries established by regulatory and legal compliance in accordance with company policies and sound ethical practices.
- Engages in appropriate collaboration with the region sales and access matrix teams to share geographical and healthcare provider information within compliance boundaries.
- Collaborates with US (+/- Global) Medical and Commercial colleagues on Brand planning and FM activities.
- Develops the Product FM Plan for the team in collaboration with the FM TA Lead.
- Develops Region level Field Medical Plans in alignment with national FM plan and US Medical strategies and objectives.
- Inputs into Medical Products Plans and Strategies based on analysis of medical literature and FM input.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with Matrix team members.
- Assesses, identifies and contributes to resolution of gaps in FM resources; collaborates with the Field Medical Communication Specialist (FMCS), TA point, Medical Information and Medical Strategy on development of appropriate FM scientific resources.
- Collaborates with FMCS, FM Trainers, TA point and Medical Strategy for development and implementation of the therapeutic training plan for the DA and associated product(s).
- Ensures that the role of FM in the submission process of investigators’ proposals for clinical trials is completed in accordance with Company policies, and applicable law, regulations, and ethical standards.
- Ensures active participation of FM in providing input on clinical trial site selection and feasibility based on their knowledge of investigators in their geography.
- Ensures FM team’s execution of clinical trial support activities (as per established study scope documents).
- Ensures that FM team has the required knowledge to identify Adverse Events (AEs) and fully understand and comply with client Pharmacovigilance SOPs regarding identification and reporting timelines.
- Contributes to managing external communication when significant safety issues arise, with the well-being of patients being the goal.
- Understands and adheres to the client
- Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics, all Company policies and procedures including those that apply to all employees and those that are specific to the role of FM.
- Understands PhRMA Code, ICH, GCP, and relevant FDA laws and regulations.
- Completes and certifies understanding of all required training; Ensures adherence by team.
- Identifies additional procedural training for self and team aligned with activities as needed.
- Conveys a clear message on laws, regulations, and ethical standards to both internal and external customers; acts as a peer influencer and role model.