The Field Medical organization embodies our medical mission in becoming a trusted, agile partner who engages in relevant dialogue and delivers timely, high impact data and insights that advance the science or accelerate access, optimize medical practice, and drive appropriate adoption of client medicines.
The Field Medical (FM) Lead, Dermatology role is New Jersey-based and focused on leading a team of Field Medical professionals. Direct reports will include field-based Regional Associate Directors (RADs) who manage a team of field-based Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs). The FM Lead, Dermatology will be responsible for oversight of RADs and MSLs in support of sTYK2 in Psoriasis and all phases of sTYK2i Dermatology clinical trials. This FM Lead is also responsible for directing the pre-launch and launch of the sTYK2i asset (Dermatology).
The Field Medical Lead, Dermatology responsibilities are as follows:
External Environment and Customer Focus
- Ensure team’s ability to develop and maintain interactions with Thought Leaders, appropriate HCPs, and access stakeholders, within a given geography to answer scientific, unsolicited product and HEOR related questions.
- Support and evaluate the MSLs ability to effectively present information to HCPs and ability to respond to questions, ensuring medical accuracy and compliance with local procedures, ethical and legal guidelines and directives.
- Actively assess the medical landscape by meeting with Thought Leaders to understand their needs and expertise. Continuously update own knowledge in treatment strategies, products, unmet medical needs, clinical trials and scientific activities. Understand the competitive landscape and actively prepare to address informational needs of customers.
- Ensure MSLs capability to collect and provide meaningful medical insights back to the medical and commercial organizations to be actioned in support of the strategy development.
- Provide direction to overall execution of the Field Medical plan.
- Ensures FM team activities are aligned with the US Medical Strategy Plan.
- Ensure matrix engagement.
Support Clinical Trial Activities
- Ensure active support for CRO sponsored studies as agreed with medical management and as defined by the study scope
- Oversee appropriate support (e.g. identification and assessment of potential study sites for sponsored trials) of patient recruitment and/or discussions around the safe and effective use of investigational products, as agreed with local medical management and as defined by the study scope
- Oversee recommendations and insights to clinical development team on study and site feasibilities for sponsored trials within the therapeutic area based on knowledge of the field and through direct contacts with potential investigators, as agreed with local medical
- Ensure appropriate support of HCPs in the ISR submission process as agreed with local medical
Contribute to the Medical Plan
- Develop and oversee national Field Medical
- Actively participate in the cross-functional Medical Matrix
- Ensure adoption of cross-functional institution/account planning
- Contribute to development and delivery of scientifically meaningful medical programs/projects in line with the local Medical and Field Medical
Provide Medical Support
- As necessary and appropriate, support the initial and ongoing medical/scientific area and product specific training and provide key scientific updates to internal stakeholders (e.g. Commercial, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, Legal, HEOR, Value Access & Payment).
Management and Development
- Actively manage Regional Associate Directors within assigned disease space.
- Oversee MSLs activities directly and through RADs, and ensure strategically aligned with Medical
- Ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations as well as client policies and Support employee development.
- Provide coaching and direction as part of active
- Ensures all employees understand and act within local business processes, including compliance guidelines, relevant FDA regulations and legal and ethical
- Reports to Field Medical, Group Lead.