The Field Medical organization embodies our medical mission in becoming a trusted, agile partner who engages in relevant dialogue and delivers timely, high impact data and insights that advance the science or accelerate access, optimize medical practice, and drive appropriate adoption of client medicines. This position is a field-based role. It is anticipated that Regional Executive MSL (REM) will spend a minimum of 60-70% of their time in the field with external customers.
The primary role of the REM is to develop and maintain contacts with Thought Leaders (TL) and Healthcare Providers (HCP) within their healthcare system. The purpose of interactions is to ensure patients have access to client medicines, to ensure the safe and appropriate use through peer to peer discussions aligned with medical strategies and needs expressed by the stakeholders, and to facilitate research. The scientific dialogue focuses on scientific/clinical information around disease management and client products in a fair and balanced way and may include appropriate Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) data.
The Regional Executive MSL, Dermatology responsibilities are as follows:
External Environment and Customer Focus
- Develop and maintain interactions with Thought Leaders, including national Thought leaders in broader REM region, appropriate HCPs, and access stakeholders, within a given geography to answer scientific, unsolicited product and HEOR related questions.
- Support critical Thought Leader relationships in vacant field medical territories.
- Effectively present information to HCPs and be able to respond to questions, ensuring medical accuracy and compliance with local procedures, ethical and legal guidelines and directives.
- Actively assess the medical landscape by meeting with Thought Leaders to understand their needs and expertise. Continuously update own knowledge in treatment strategies, products, unmet medical needs, clinical trials and scientific activities. Understand the competitive landscape and actively prepare to address informational needs of customers.
- Collect and provide meaningful medical insights back to the medical and commercial organizations to be actioned in support of the strategy development.
Contribute to the Medical Plan
- Develop territory Field Medical plan and TL Interaction plans based on therapeutic area objectives and TL needs to provide interim coverage for open MSL territories to maintain business continuity.
- Adopt and role model institution/account planning approach and contribute to cross-functional institution/account plans.
- Contribute to development and delivery of scientifically meaningful medical programs/projects in line with the local Medical and Field Medical plan.
- Serve as member of the Immunoscience Field Medical Leadership team providing input into MSL execution plans and feedback on MSL activities.
Provide Medical Support and Training
- Manage new hire onboarding coordination and in-territory regional training activities for therapeutic and functional skills to accelerate field deployment of MSLs
- Oversee planning execution of current and new hire training
- Manage content development and execution of national training plan for emerging client and competitor products
- Support performance development plans
- Represent medical as a key reference point for internal stakeholders and a regional reference for other MSLs (mentor or coach); demonstrate the ability to train MSLs by supporting with role play simulations and/or co-visits, while acting as a role model.
- Facilitate continuous improvement towards higher quality work and promote innovation within the local team.
- Support ongoing medical/scientific area and product specific training and provide key scientific updates to internal stakeholders (e.g. Commercial, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, Legal, HEOR, and Market Access).
- Provide scientific support at promotional meetings by presenting unbiased scientific and clinical data, by evaluating speakers and by giving support tocontracted speakers.
Support Clinical Trial Activities
- Support Interventional and Non Interventional Research (NIR) studies (e.g. identification and assessment of potential study sites) to support patient recruitment and/or discussions around the safe and effective use of client investigational products, as agreed with local medical management and as defined by the study scope document.
- Provide recommendations and insights to clinical development team on study and site feasibilities within the therapeutic area based on knowledge of the field and through direct contacts with potential investigators, as agreed with local medical management.
- Actively support CRO sponsored studies as agreed with local medical management and as defined by the study scope document.
- Support HCPs in the ISR submission process as agreed with local medical management.
- Ensure that client Pharmacovigilance procedural documents are understood and applied by investigators of local studies, and alert appropriate client personnel to any identified Adverse Events.