Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support to Client initiatives in assigned therapeutic areas. Facilitates information, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding current and future therapies in development or commercialized by Client. Works closely with other Client personnel to ensure information, education, and research needs of healthcare professionals are met and to ensure scientific and technical training needs of commercial organizations are identified and met
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Client internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Client internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
This is a field-based role. Candidates can live anywhere within the following territory of responsibility: NY/NJ/CT
1. Identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with thought leaders, academic centers and researchers in assigned areas of therapeutic interest to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on Client products.
2. Upon request, present data on Client products to healthcare professionals including physicians, academic institutions, researchers, and other health care professionals.
3. Support research initiatives as requested by Client R&D, Clinical Operations, and Medical Affairs Departments.
4. Serve as internal medical and scientific resource to assigned Client therapeutic areas for development of disease-state and product communications and materials that are medically accurate, balanced, and consistent with regulatory guidelines.
5. Support Round Table and Advisory Board sessions to ensure accuracy of scientific and clinical data.
6. Conducts on-going training to medical affairs, field sales and other internal personnel as directed.
7. May provide support for payer-facing activities to public and commercial managed markets.
Education and Experience
• Advanced degree with health science background (Pharm.D, M.D., Ph.D, preferred)
• Preferred minimum 3-year total specific industry experience (pharma, device, etc) and minimum 4 years post professional degree practice or relevant transferable experience (clinical practice, academic research, regulatory/scientific)
• Experience in headache/migraine preferred
• MSL experience preferred
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical industry legal and regulatory guidelines
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and other software skills
• Conveys information clearly, using a variety of media, to individuals and groups
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong presentation and teaching skills
• Ability to convey clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively
• Ability to engage the audience and help them understand and retain information
• Ability to learn clinical and non-clinical technical information
• Ability to work independently and in a team structure
• Demonstrated success at maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or environment
• Ability to adjust effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements or cultures
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Ability to travel 50-60%
• Strong team and leadership skills